Ode to Bob ~ He shall be missed

Ode to Bob ~ He shall be missed



We will be raising money for the Making Smarter Crocagators Foundation...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Cows Prevent Mad Cow Disease

Dear Readers,
I'm posting, but it most likely will not be a happy post. I'm grumpy and sad. Yay. This week has been awful. Bleh week. I won't tell you about it all, but I will tell you about something that happened the other day that I'm still really irritated about. I had to go and get donations for a silent auction for an annual GS banquet for a fundraiser for our WS'08 trip. So, we (Miss Michelle, her daughter, Beth, Taylor and I) went to this one men's clothing place and we waited a while for him to come out. He was really nice and gave us some pants to donate and everything. Well, he got to talking about proms and how he alters guys suits and stuff. He had these little booklets with different suits and said that he needed someone to pass them out at school and everything, so he asked Taylor which school she went to and her age. She told him where she goes and that she wasn't old enough for prom yet. So, he says okay and gives her a few to pass out anyway. He then goes on talking (completely ignores me) and then Miss Michelle tells him that I'm seventeen. What does he say? "Oh, I never would have known! She looks so much younger than that!" Okay, so I'm a little frustrated, no big deal, everyone thinks I'm younger than I look. He gives me the horrid little booklet. Then (what joy) he goes on to ask which school I go to. I tell him that I'm homeschooled and that we have banquets and everything. Then he says, "Oh, really? You know, my nephew and niece were homeschooled." My reply: "Oh, that's cool!" Now, can you just guess what he said next? "Yeah, they said that they were really smart, but truly, they were idiots." I must have made a terrible face because Miss Michelle and Taylor said, "Oh, no, she's really smart!" (you have no idea how much I loved them at that moment). I felt like saying, "Oh, really? Well that usually depends on the teacher. So if the teacher was an idiot, then most likely the students will be also." I really need to calm down. I'm plunking the keys vehemently. People who just homeschool to "have it easy" really frustrate me. They give other homeschoolers a bad name. We are not idiots. Most of the time we are smarter. This really makes me want to work harder to prove them all wrong. Oh, my rebellious nature is not always bad, lol. So, he not only slandered me by telling me that I look twelve, but he also told me that I was stupid!!! *SCREAM OF FRUSTRATION, ANGER AND EVERYTHING NOT GOOD!!!* Sometimes I really don't like people.
~Nicole

23 comments:

The Lovely Lime said...

:(
People make me angrified sometimes.... arg.
What was the name of the store that guy was was working at??
And Oh snap, you just used the word "vehemently", that right there prooved your smart!! I had to go look that word up... it means "Marked by or full or vigor or engergy; strong"... yaay! I learned a new word today! :D!

Brandon's Girl said...

Evil guy. I don't know the name of the store or the name of the evil guy, sorry. Let's name him Harry, only Hairy.
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

you are so emo... i think he's on to something with the age thing.. people think i'm 15... i'll be 21 this year!!!

Anonymous said...

Coley, honey, don't worry about it... people are always telling me I look 12, too (except one girl who said I looked older than 15..??) I don't mean to be preachy but you should forgive your enemies. ;) I'm glad you posted! I was getting ready to comment you with a "POST!!!"

Anonymous said...

ppl think I look young, too. 14 when I was eighteen. That's pretty bad.
Anyways, sorry 'bout the run-in with the unkind guy. Some ppl are jerks.
Good thing you don't have any reason to care what he thinks of you.
How old does Brandon think you look? Luke thinks I look just precisely my age.

Brandon's Girl said...

Yeah, I know, sorry, I was grumpy. He's forgiven. I just hate it when people comment about my age, schooling, or religious beliefs. I hardly say anything when someone says something though. I don't like NOT being liked.... it's problematic. I'm a people pleaser most of the time.

Anonymous said...

Awww. Well here's a good comedy smidge about homeschooling by Isaac Witty...
"I was briefly homeschooled. Yeah. But then I went back to public school. Yeah. I decided I liked public school better, cuz in public school, the teacher doesn't cry because her son is stupid!
Yea!!!! You posted just for me and everybody else!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I don't like people either. They vacuum.
And Colie, Emos RULE! Go Emos! Yay!
And sorry about the cruddy day. I hate cruddy days. Now I will quote Superchick, "I forgot how to hope, this nights been so long. I cling to Your promise, there will be a dawn." Love you!

Brandon's Girl said...

Yay!!! I'm emo!!! I always think of a little red, fuzzy puppet when people talk of emo people. Lol...
~Nicole

Brandon's Girl said...

Nobody is commenting after telling me to post for so long. It think I might post again soon without being mad. Give me a few days.

The Lovely Lime said...

Lol, do you thrive on comments?? And being happy would be a good thing.
I FORGOT TO BRING YOU BACK YOUR MOVIE AGAIN!! ARRRGG!

Unknown said...

Have you seen those new dolls, "Tickle me Emo"? I thought they were hilarious!

Brandon's Girl said...

Jazz- NOOO!!! That's hilarious! Oh, you just used that word. Funnymous? Comical? Droll? (ewww that sounds like drool... or troll) It's just flippin sweet.

Bri- don't worry about the movie girl! I keep on forgetting that you even borrowed it! Did I do good at crying the other night?
~Nicole

Brandon's Girl said...

Oh, btw, I do thrive on comments! They keep me livin'!

The Lovely Lime said...

LOL, yes, you did a wondermous job the other day!! I think you should make that your occupation in life- fake crying person. OOhh ya. :D

Anonymous said...

Coley it's a good thing *I* don't require comments to live.

The Lovely Lime said...

Lol, same here Emy...

Unknown said...

(cue dreary music) I like, never get comment. Nobody loves me, I guess...

Anonymous said...

Yo doll, if you's feelin new templatey, check out this link! Thought of you when I saw it...

http://www.pyzam.com/bloggertemplates/preview/audrey-hepburn

Brandon's Girl said...

Yay! Thank you meggy! I'll have to use it sometimes!
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment Coley. I liked seeing you today. I am tired.

Anonymous said...

I likey seein you too!

Unknown said...

sorry i didn't get to talk to you much at the graduation. the people I was with had to leave early. love you!