Ode to Bob ~ He shall be missed

Ode to Bob ~ He shall be missed



We will be raising money for the Making Smarter Crocagators Foundation...

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Grumpy Easter!

Dear Readers,
Ahhh, what a lovely Easter day. The girls wearing there beautiful Easter dresses they spent an hour looking for at JCPenney's and the boys wearing the ties that make them grimace when Mom pulls it out of the drawer. Easter! Going to church, just getting there on time and sitting there for the Easter service. The pastor has preached a wonderful sermon! Yeah, Jesus was crucified and he rose in three days. Amen! Then everyone goes home and gets their Easter picture taken. Mom is saying, "Do I look okay, do I need more lipstick?", brothers and sisters whining, "Not a picture! I'm hungry!" and "Can I take this tie thing off, it's choking me!". The pictures are taken, everyone sullen and surly. We eat lunch, take a nap and gripe when we have to get up and go to church again. It's Easter! It's a holiday! WHY CAN'T WE STAY HOME!!!
Sometimes we seem to lose the point of Easter. They say that when Jesus was on the cross He had all the world's sin put upon him. I never really thought about it until just recently, and this may be obvious to others, but, it was all the world's sins from the beginning to the end of time. I cannot fathom how excruciatingly painful that must have been. That's not including what he went through before. He was beat and tortured, a crown of thorns on his brow. It says in Mark 16:34 that after the ninth hour, God turned away from him because he cannot look at sin. God had looked upon him his entire life and all of a sudden, when he not only was beaten and had all the sins of the world upon his shoulders, God turned away. How terrible and sad. He had done nothing to deserve this and we did everything. It doesn't seem fair. Shouldn't we love Jesus more though? Shouldn't we praise God for sending him to save us from an eternal life in hell? No, we sit on our pews with an occasional "amen" then we go home.
I'm not saying everyone is like this. I'm like this most of the time unfortunately. Yes, he died on the cross and then rose again. We speak of it so nonchalantly. We just don't need take this for granted.
Hmmm, isn't God awesome? Happy Easter!

~Nicole

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Coley that was great!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!:)
Praise God He's ALIVE!
(I'm pretty excited today... can you tell? :)

Anonymous said...

That is what I told her. She sent it to me afriad that it would be confrontational and I said. 'uh no it isn't' Go for it.

Anonymous said...

Easter's awesome!!! I love holidays. LOVLEY comic strip up there too:P

Unknown said...

Good. Very good, Colie!

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Why is it that good posts get hardly any comments? Ya'll shoud visit this website called Heart Cry missionary. It's director is one of my favorite preachers. Tis cool.

Anonymous said...

What's the site Lady?
You're right Lady... perhaps it is that it is such a good post that we hardly feel our comments worthy. ;P
Colie I am going to post about a weird dream I had...

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/

Here it is Emy.

Anonymous said...

thank you! i will look at it... thanks for the comment too

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

My hair feels like it has ants in it. Ew. It is b/c I am cold and have goose bumps.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you and miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

So did you like your birthday present?

Unknown said...

HAP-HAP-HAP-HAP-HAP HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Umm... let's see. Yeah, the wavy corn song, Play for Me a Simple Melody, and then the others I can remember are May It Be (YAY!!!), Down By the Riverside, Order My Steps, and one or two Latin ones that you simply cannot expect me to remember the names of. :P Hope that helps a little.

Unknown said...

Vwat? Emy! Dat makesa' no sense?
Ptuuu!

Brandon's Girl said...

Hallooo Everbody! Right now I'm cooking lunch and getting ready to get in the shower. Brandon is taking an online test right now and I'm waiting for him to call me back also. Pray for me! I think I'm going to try and get my driver's license today. I'm a year late, but oh well!

Oh, Jaz, those are my choir songs. Lol...

~Nicole